Monday, March 26, 2012

WEST VETS SECRETARY

As some of you may already know, Ruth Henderson has sadly had to step down as our Secretary due to health problems.

Ruth's organisational skills and attention to detail during her two years as secretary have been second to none and I would like to express my thanks to her for all she has done to ensure the smooth running of the West Division.

On behalf of all the West Vets may I wish Ruth well and say how much we look forward to seeing her back on the golf course as soon as possible.

I am delighted to say that Morag Key, from Ralston Golf Club, a west vet for some time, has very kindly agreed to take on the Secretary's position. A very organised and methodical person, Morag has, for many years, been involved with Ralston Golf Club committee in many different capacities and I know she will be a great asset to the West Vets committee and I look forward to working alongside her.

Should anyone wish to contact Morag for any reason, we have now got a West Division email address: sec.svlgaw1@gmail.com.

We have a big entry for the Spring Meeting on April 26th and I look forward to seeing everyone at Ralston. I suspect this current spell of very special weather may have disappeared, but hope that we will have a dry, sunny day for our first competition.

Fiona