Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year greetings from your Captain

Another Christmas passes and a New Year begins.

May I wish every member of the West Vets a very peaceful, successful, happy and fun 2011. The weather may have prevented golf in recent weeks but hopefully before too long the clubs will be dusted down and preparation for another season will begin. I may be the only one who enjoys zero temperatures, sunshine and snow but even I will be happy to swing the golf club before too long!

I have just returned from 10 days in Boat of Garten where the golf course is more like a skating rink! I accompanied my two grandchildren to the snowy slopes of The Lecht ski centre, and in contrast, a week on Monday I shall be landing in Oz to spend some time with daughter Alison. Australian Open Tennis beckons followed by what I am sure will be a very happy few weeks enjoyed in, hopefully, higher temperatures!

I look forward to returning to green pastures and catching up with everyone at the first competition of the year.

Very best wishes to you all
Fiona